- Three green financial policies to address climate risks. (2021). Forthcoming at the Journal of Financial Stability. with V. Bosetti, A. Roventini, M. Tavoni and T. Treibich. Link to WP.
- Assessing the economic effects of lockdowns in Italy: a dynamic Input-Output approach. (2021). with S. Reissl, A. Caiani, M. Guerini, F. Vanni, G. Fagiolo, T. Ferraresi, L. Ghezzi, M. Napoletano, A. Roventini. Link to WP.
- Automated and distributed statistical analysis of economic agent-based models. (2020) with A. Vandin, D. Giachini and F. Chiaromonte. Link to WP.
ABM & VALIDATION
MACRO & COMPLEX SYSTEMS
- On capital intensity and observed increases in the economic damages of extreme natural disasters. (2020). Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 117 (12), pp. 6314-6315. [Reply to Letter by Geiger and Stomper]. with M. Coronese, F. Chiaromonte, K. Keller and A. Roventini. [doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1922722117]
- Climate change and green transitions in an agent-based integrated assessment model. (2020). Technological Forecasting and Social Change, vol. 153. with G. Dosi, M. Napoletano, A. Roventini and A. Sapio. [doi.org/10.1016/j.techfore.2019.119806]
- The public costs of climate-induced financial instability. (2019). Nature Climate Change, vol 9, pp. 829–833. with V. Bosetti, A. Roventini and M. Tavoni. [doi.org/10.1038/s41558-019-0607-5]
- Evidence for sharp increase in the economic damages of extreme natural disasters. (2019). Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 116 (43), pp. 21450-21455. with M. Coronese, F. Chiaromonte, K. Keller and A. Roventini. [doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1907826116]
- Towards agent-based integrated assessment models: examples, challenges and future developments. (2019). Regional Environmental Change, pp 1-16. with A. Mandel, A. Sapio, M. Napoletano, A. Roventini, T. Balint and I. Khorenzhenko.[doi.org/10.1007/s10113-018-1287-9]
- Faraway, so close: climate and macroeconomic dynamics in an agent based integrated assessment model. (2018). Ecological Economics, vol 150, pp. 315-339. with G. Dosi, M. Napoletano, A. Roventini and A. Sapio. [doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolecon.2018.03.023]
- Positive tipping points in a rapidly warming world. (2018). Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability, vol 31, pp. 120-129. with D. Tabara, N. Frantzeskaki, K. Holscher, S. Peddle, K. Kok, J. Christensen, J. Jager and P. Berry. [doi.org/10.1016/j.cosust.2018.01.012]
- Complexity and the economics of climate change: a survey and a look forward. (2017). Ecological Economics, vol. 138, pp. 238-265. with T. Balint, A. Mandel, M. Napoletano, A. Roventini and A. Sapio. [https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolecon.2017.03.032] [Link to WP]
ABM & VALIDATION
- Agent based model calibration through machine learning surrogates. (2018). Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, vol. 90, pp. 366-389. with A. Roventini and A. Sani. [link to WP] [doi.org/10.1016/j.jedc.2018.03.011]
- Validation of agent based models in economics and finance [book chapter]. (2018). forthcoming in Beisbart, Claus and Nicole J. Saam (Eds.) Computer Simulation Validation. Fundamental Concepts, Methodological Frameworks, Philosophical Perspectives. Cham: Springer International Publishing, with G. Fagiolo, M. Guerini, A. Moneta and A. Roventini. [Link to WP]
- Empirical validation of simulated models through the GSL-div: an illustrative application. (2018). Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, forthcoming.[doi.org/10.1007/s11403-017-0206-3] [Link to WP]
- An information theoretic criterion for empirical validation of simulation models. (2018). Econometrics and Statistics, vol. 5, pp. 83-106. [http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ecosta.2017.01.006] [Link to WP]
MACRO & COMPLEX SYSTEMS
- Going up and down: rethinking the empirics of growth in the developing and newly industrialized world. (2017). Journal of Evolutionary Economics, forthcoming. with C. Mattei. [Link to WP]
- The role of Science Parks: a puzzle of growth, innovation and R&D investments. (2017). Journal of Technology Transfer, vol. 42, pp. 158-183. with R. Mavilia and S. Castellini. [http://doi.org/10.1007/s10961-015-9455-2]
- Looking for best performers: a pilot study towards the evaluation of science parks. (2016). Scientometrics, vol. 106, pp. 717-750. with M. Ferrara and R. Mavilia. [https://doi.org/10.1007/s11192-015-1804-2]
- Persistence of innovation and knowledge flows in Africa: an empirical investigation. (2016). Innovation and Development, 6(2), 235-257. with R. Mavilia and M. Giometti. [http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/2157930X.2016.1196547]